Tuesday 20 November 2012

6 Distractions That Could Destroy Your Relationship


These distractions are things that can not only make life easier, but can ultimately put a serious damper on our relationships. Here are the biggest offenders.

1) Games - Video games, computer games, games on your phone or tablet - while these can provide a nice escape from the stresses of real life, they can also lead to some mega-relationship problems. If you find yourself spending more time playing games than you do talking to your partner, you should put them away.
2) Texting - There's nothing ruder than spending time with your partner AND texting another person at the same time. Doesn't matter if the other person is of the opposite sex or not, it's a clear sign that whoever is in your real life is less important than the person on the other end of your messages.
3) Facebook - While being able to keep tabs on the antics of your friends in real-time Facebook updates, isn't it more important to spend that time with your significant other? Facebook updates will be there later. Your partner may not be if you keep choosing a social networking site over him.
4) Smartphones - I have a hard time calling anything "smart" that can't cure cancer, but I fully understand the urgency and (occasional) need for a smartphone. If someone is in desperate need of help, I need to know about it. But I also need to be able to show a partner that I'm present and in the moment with him.
5) Tablets - I'm an Apple girl, and I do so love my iPad. It allows me to do a ton of things remotely. I also understand that whatever I'm doing on my iPad should wait until I'm not out at dinner with or relaxing at home with a date. Being glued to my iPad is NOT sending the right message to someone I may really care for.
6) YouTube - I get it - there's funny stuff to be seen on YouTube. But how about turning off the dancing cat video and having a real conversation with the guy next to you before it's too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment